This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Baseball!


Baseball!
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
I finally got on the field for my first baseball game in the Japanese City League. I started at 3B for the Osaka Hitension. I started off a bit shaky just getting used to the communication troubles. We spent a long time before the game making sure i knew the signals given from the manager. I settled down after the 2nd inning. In the last inning i fielded a strong grounder to third and relayed it to first for an impressive out. I also had one hit in the game. Not to make excuses but everyone on my team said that the strike zone for me (the only foreigner in the 20 team league) seemed a bit big today. I was called out on strikes on a ball (in my team team and I's opinion) was around my ankles. I am sure i will play a lot better for the second game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home