This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dentist

Ok, so i'm back. Sorry for the delay. I have been.....busy.

Ok, for today's story. I went to get my teeth cleaned in Japan. I had Yuning come with me a few days earlier to specifically tell them that I wanted ALL of my teeth cleaned. Why would I have to specify that? Well, because I went to a different dentist to check the cost and they asked what I wanted cleaned. Apparently I had the option to clean either my gums, the front faces of my teeth, in between the teeth or the backs of my teeth (or any combo of those). Who would have thought I had to tell them which teeth to clean! I thought you go in, they clean it and you are out. Not that simple in Japan.

So we went to another dentist and he said he understood to simply clean all my teeth. I guess it wasn't that simple. The next day I went at my scheduled time. I sat down, put on a bib, spit some water into a sink....the usual. Then 18 minutes later I was out. They only cleaned the front 8 teeth on my lower jaw. Add to that, they only cleaned the front faces of those 8 teeth. They never even touched my molars let alone my upper teeth. What the hell Japan! I had him write down just what he did (In Japanese) and showed it to Yuning. Apparently the doctor looked at my teeth and only clean "the dirty ones". WHAT?! Can you imagine going to get your hair cut and the lady only cuts "the long ones". I honestly don't get this country.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but laugh at you nii-san. This would seem to be just your luck! i'll talk to you later. but i have to stop laughing first!

-Raven-chan

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home