This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Japanese Clock System



Ok Japan, So we all know that speaking your language is hard. Fine, writing your language is really hard. Most people outside of Japan rarely fully understand your culture too. I realize that the art of bowing is a little confusing too. So, congrats on confusing those who visit or try to live in Japan.

BUT WHAT THE HECK JAPAN?! What is going on with your clock system. Honestly. I understand you like the idea of a 24-hour clock. I'm used to Army Time. (Thanks Dad). Who in the world has a 26 hour clock?

Today I was looking online at the NFL playoff schedule and one game is on at 26:55. The date is 1/11. Does that mean it is on 1/11 at 2:55am? Or since it is continuing the 24 hour clock for January 11th, does that actually mean it is on 1/12? When is the game?

Maybe I can understand things that say 24:15. Maybe. But 26:55. Who do you think you are?

And yes smarty pants, I can go online and check the game time in America and use an online time converter to change the time to Japanese time, but talk about a hassle.

Japan, you think you are so cool with your big clocks. And don't even get me started on the year system here. It is what, the 22nd year based on how many years the emperor has been in "power". Who are you kidding.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home