This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Friday, April 01, 2005

Japan!

Well i made it to Japan! First off i am having a blast but it is really odd being a blonde haired kid here. I have had my picture taken a lot already and people point at me. I have done a lot of traveling before and when i have been in places for extended periods of time, i really felt i could become a local. that is never going to happen here!

so for my first night i went out with 3 japanese guys: Hide (said he-de), Bobo (Bob-O) and Ken-chan. They have been really fun and we are planning on going out tonight too.

Today i went to Osaka Castle to see where i am going to be playing football. It is a huge castle with a massive series of moats around it. My favorite part of the castle is how they have kept is cultural history yet updated it for the 21st century. Imaging a 100 foot wall of massive stones quarried from the earth hundreds of years ago....then cut a hole in the side and run a elevator shaft outside the wall and then a mini bridge from the elevator to the wall face so that handicapped people can get in. It looks really odd. and there is a massive air conditioning unit right at the base of the castle. I will take pics and post it.

I have to run, but i will post more soon!

Konban Wa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home