This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Camera Battery

So i bought a new camera and i decided to buy a back-up battery. I went to the largest electronics store in Osaka (the same store i bought my camera at) and i walked ino the store carrying the first battery. I showed it to the staff and asked for a second one (in Japanese). He informed me that he didnt have any in stock, but he could order one. Ok. So first i asked how much it would cost. He let me know that he couldnt tell me the price unless i ordered one. What? Is it some secret? I asked if they would get any batteries in stock soon. He wasnt sure. So i asked when the last time he had the batter in stock. "Last week we had some". Well smarty pants, how much were they last week? He couldnt tell me unless i ordered one. WHAT? So then i started to raise a fuss and tell him how absolutely backwards his or his company's logic was. After creating a stir and speaking ill of their company in Japanese, they decide to tell me it would cost $42. There, that wasnt so hard now was it? I then walked out without placing an order.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of batter is it, can you get it in america?

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home