This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Third Day of Christmas


Third Day of Christmas
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
On the Third day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....a three pointed odd shaped building.

Today i went to Kobe. It was amazing. This is the city that in 1995 was completely destroyed. I went to the Kobe Earthquake museum and they kept a section of the road/sidewalk and buidlings that had been destroyed so you can see the exact damage done in the blink of an eye. It was the first time i have seen real damage from an earthquake...and i as lucky enough not to experience it!

As for my Christmas holiday. Christmas Eve i went over to a friends house. We had people from all over...each bringing their style of celebrating Christmas. Some brits made Fruit cake (and i know its a joke food to Americans, apparently its a pretty big deal there.) It takes a month to make and each day more and more bourbon is poured over it. It was good. The japanese brought Japanese food. And i made home made Egg Nog! It was great. 30ml of Brandy, 15ml of Rum, an Egg, Tsp of Sugar, 1 Tbls of creme and a cup of milk topped with cinnamon served cold. (thats for one drink) It was the highlight of the party!

Then for Christmas I first went to an Australian restuarant to have a Christmas dinner with my Footy team. Then i went out for Karoke bar. It was a good time. We even got snow a few days ago, so almost a White Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home