This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Lights


Holiday Lights
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
The other day I went to Kobe to look at their Light Festival. This was set up after the Kobe earthquake of 1995. It is to celebrate the city's rebirth (along with what they stole of other countries' cultural holiday...Aka Christmas). It was a remarkable display of lights.

Speaking Christmas here, you wouldnt know it was Christmas unless you walked into a Shopping Mall. It did snow the other day so that was kinda cool. As for me, i am going to a family cooked dinner with my Australian Football team then out for the night. I will keep you posted as to what happens.

I have gotten one present so far and that was from a 65 year old lady from Tokyo who was my student for one lesson (over the internet/tv!) She sent me a book of her water color paintings. What a sweet little old lady.

Merry Christmas (a few days early) to All (especially my WHOLE family).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did send a card. Hopefully, it will get there before February.

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home