This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Conversational English CD's

Well, I picked up a new part time job. You know those random language CDs you can get and listen to two people speak the most overtly clear and normal pronounciation (but it isnt actually very natural sounding)? Well, i got approached by a company and am now in the process of making a 1 minute demo for them. From that demo i will be given paragraphs to read (sent from a specific client) and in a studio i will record them and turn them into CD's. I also have to create randon "typical" English conversations and record those in studio. What the heck is a "typical" English converstation? I know what they want, but is that really typical?

Here is what the company wants:

A: Good Afternoon Michael.
B: Good Afternoon Thomas.
A: How are you?
B: I am fine, thank you, how are you?
A: I am good, thank you.
A: I like Pizza.
B: I like Pizza too.

But here is what it should be:

A: Hey loser, i heard you got drunk and forgot to go to school yesterday.
B: Yah, i was wasted.
A: That sucks man, i heard that test is worth 30%.
B: Oh well, life goes on.
A: Yah, so what do you wanna do tonight? Wanna go to a bar?
B: Does a bear shit in the woods?

So i will let you know how it goes and try to get you some samples. I am also gonna try to negotiate and get my face on the cover of the CD and title it "Learn English From This Guy".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had a couple drinks first, I wonder if a Japanese guy would be running around LA somewhere sounding like an intoxicated Midwesterner.

2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A: How are you today Frank?
B: Why did you just stab me Jim?

12:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conversational English CD's?

Why not create "Controversial English CD's"!

6:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home