This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Monday, October 30, 2006

Boo


Boo
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
I believe i have set a record. I have no way of confirming this record, but i think i paid the most for a pumkin that any America has (to date). I have paid 2000yen ($17) for a large pumpkin. I'm not sure what the going rate is at your local pumpkin patch, but here they are hard to find. In fact, this pumpkin wasnt even for sale. I was biking around and saw a floral shop. They had the pumpkin as decoration. They little old lady was quite confused when I told her that I wanted to buy her pumpkin and not a bunch of roses.

Yuning and I carved it and placed it next to a small fake pumpkin outside my door. Now I just look out my window and laugh as my Japanese neighbors walk buy a bit conused. Happy Halloween.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A biggen can cost good money around here.

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home