This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baseball Tickets

Today I tried to buy baseball tickets. In November, an All-Star Team from the MLB will play a Japanese All-Star team in Osaka. There will be a series of games in Japan, but only one in Osaka. I like baseball, and when i found out that Johan Santana will be pitching, i decided to buy some tickets.

I went to a convience store the day before they went on sale to make sure i could buy tickets through them. The next day i went in and tried to buy 5 tickets. Apparently one cannot buy 5 tickets. There is a limit of 4. Why? You tell me. So then i jokenly told the staff i would buy 3 from his store then go down the street and buy two more from another store. He didnt think that was funny. So i tried to buy 3 tickets but another glitch in my plans arose. None of the tickets i would buy would be together. I would have 3 tickets spread out around the stadium? WHAT? I asked the staff and he said that you cannot buy tickets together, you can only buy multiple seats if they are not together. Who goes to a game with friends and sits in section 210 while their girlfriend is in section 819? I couldnt believe it.

The end result was that i DID get 5 tickets, and i DID get them all together. BUT i had to leave the store and actually head to the stadium. I went there and told them about the convience store and they couldnt understand why they did it.

Yet another reason Japan has their collective heads on backwards.

Go Twins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home