This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Little Dancers


Little Dancers
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Everyday on the way to work, i have to walk buy this public area that has this massive chrome ball in the middle of the space and some random mirrors around the perimiter. To my 10 seconds of delight as i walk by there are usually some random people dancing like they were in a competition with Brittney Spears. I dont know how old they are as ages is really difficult to tell her, but they seem like teenagers.

Then the other day i walked by and was surprised to find there was an audience in the public space. Not just an audience, but a MC, light and sound systems and a camera crew. Were they watching these teenagers? No. They were watching the teenager's younger siblings. And i mean younger. I have included a pic of a "team" of girls dancing. There honestly was about 25 teams of girls ranging in age from Diapers to Power Rangers. Teams had themes like this one where they were dressed up as hip-hoppers. I also saw a team of Cow-Girls (remember, they are probably 6-8 years old). I even saw one team with a girl dancing in a diaper.

Needless to say i felt like a creep standing around watcing these little girls dance but i felt better surrounded by the hoard of adults huddling together to get out of the rain and watch the "show". I didnt stick around to see who won, but im sure they all got nice Barbies as a prize.

I have added more pictures to my pic site from this crazy event...including the fun team names they all had!

http://homepage.mac.com/mtstaffa/PhotoAlbum6.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home