This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"You are A Failure!"

Yesterday I read an article in a Japanese International newspaper and I was surprised by what I read. The AP reported that there are politicians in the British Parliament that put up a bill to change the word "Fail" in elementary schools in the country to "Deferred Success". These politicians believe that the word "fail" or calling a kid a "failure" because they can't count to 100, is detrimental to their future adult lives. Hmmm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish they had that law passed in the US when I was growing up. Sniff, sniff.

2:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"These politicians believe that the word "fail" or calling a kid a "failure" because they can't count to 100, is detrimental to their future adult lives"

True, and they all grew up to be politicians.

8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to refer to them as "modestly talented"

7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home