This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Monday, July 04, 2005

MN Party!!


MN Party
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Japan just got a taste of home cooking from the great state of Minnesota. Judging from the time it took for the food to be inhaled is if i was going to take it away from them, i think they enjoyed the food. The menu: Spam appetizers (Spam is HUGE here), Timber Lodge Wild Rice soup, and Kozlaks Wild Rice salad. When my sister came to visit a few weeks ago, she brought with her about 2lbs of Wild Rice (or "black rice!" as my confused Japanese friends call it).

The food was great, everything went perfect. I cooked for 10 people and it was a great time. Special thanks to my sister who brought the rice, and to my mom for providing me with simple yet tasty recipes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A WI party would have been interesting. Sausage, saurkraut, beer, potato salad and cheese cheese cheese(and more cheese). :)

2:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home