This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Escape!


Escape!
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Today I woke up to a surprise. I got up and before i turned on the lights, i saw something on the floor. Sometime black and the size of well....a newt. I couldn't believe it. One of my newts, "Uga" had escaped!

Now this isnt surprising to me now that i think about it. I have two newts. One is bigger, "Uga" and he spends all day on the rocks out of the water simply looking up at the same place in the top of the aquarium. Now i know why. The other newt "Agu" simply swims in circles under "Uga" while he now seemed to be plotting his escape.

This would be a tricky escape too. He had to pop off the thin plastic lid, then jump off the tank. The tank sits on top of a fridge. This is at least a 4 foot fall. I dont know how long he was out, but he is lucky (i guess) that i found him in the open and not hiding in the corner were he would have died.

I have put him back and he has gone back to staring at the top of the aquarium. There is a rather large book on top now, so he will have to bulk up to push that thing off!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well, she turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Crowd: [meekly after a long pause] ...I got better.
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home