This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mauer


Mauer
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Yesterday I went to the MLB vs NPB All-Star game in Osaka. There were a lot of highlights, and a couple of lowlights (is that a word?).

We sat in our seats, beers in hand. I brought out the American flag determined to get on tv. That subject is the source of one lowlight. In between every inning, the cameras panned the audience putting them on the jumbo-tron. I saw people sitting doing nothing get on TV. There people talking on their phone, men eating. All of these people got on TV. I was the ONLY person in the stands with an American flag. Did i get on TV? No. Did the kids 4 rows up from me (doing nothing interesting) get on TV? Yes. How in the world did i not get on TV? I think (and my friends there agreed) they didnt want to put the US flag on TV. grrrrr.

It was great to see the MLB All-Stars though. Howard hit another homerun. The pitching was great. It was fun to see Joe Nathan close out the game. The only sad thing was because Mauer had played in the previous game, he sat out this game. i did get some pics of him and Nathan (playing). Overall it was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun. MLB won 7-2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home