This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ding Dong...

Today my doorbell rang while I was lying in bed. As my other roommates are too lazy to do anything, I decided to get up and get the door. I forgot to use to peep-hole and after I whipped the door open I was greeted (in japanese) by two well dressed Japanese adults. The lady didn't say much, she just smiled. The man on the other hand sputtered off some japanese civil rant. I gave him the international "I have no idea what you are saying" face. After a few seconds, he handed me a 10 page pamphlet with a list of 25 languages on the first page. Confused, I pointed to my native tongue and he turned to the English page. I began to read when he pointed to a highlighted section that read as follows: "If you would like, I would be more than happy to come back with information about becoming a Jehovah Witness and finding God written in your native language". HA! Was this guy serious, these people are everywhere! I shook my head and said no as promptly yet as politely as I could. After shutting the door, I retreated to my mini abode and laughed about what just happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home