This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My Sweet Ride


100_3095
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Ladies watch out, Staffa got a set of wheels! Im now rolling on 26's and sporting this year's newest "Ash Gray" paintjob. The 2005 model comes complete with a new and improved front basket. (How a basket can be "new and improved" is beyond me). I also got a killer bell to get the random people plodding through the sidewalks to get out of my way. Sure they are "sidewalks" but over here, bikers rule that turf. Other features include a front light that is powered by my legs as I pedal.

I know what you are thinking, it is a women's bike since the bar curves down, well the Japanese people are not descrimiatory against the sexes and therefore bikes are not gender specific. So ha. Also, note the kick stand, it is massive. I can get about 20 miles to the can of coke on this hog. She only has one gear so that is a pain, but i do have a rack on the back for passengers (girls) to ride on as i attempt to woo them.

Bikes here are really serious here...you have to have them registered to your name and you must carry a piece of paper to prove it is yours. Cops love to stop gaijins (foreigners) and ask for proof of purchase. I registered mine and i got a "My Bike" sticker put on it. IS THAT THE REGISTRATION? I hope not. Im gonna take it off and put it on a scooter and claim it is "My Bike".

Now i am searching for a name for this beast. Any ideas?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, the name Glenda popped into my head for your bike. Call me crazy, but I think it fits. You be the judge on that one, though. Looks like a beauty--you'll be a huge stud riding that one, Mike! ;) Take care!
~Cheri~

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Sriracha said...

Stafford,
Have Mason get that registration checked out for you. I'll call Dixon so we may schedule a proper christening of your "hog."
Righto.
Kess

10:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home