This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Saturday, June 11, 2005

What job do you think I had?....

One of my favorite things to do with students is to ask them what job they thought i did before i came to Japan. Yound and old, their imaginations and ideas of America shine through in their replies. I have gotten some normal ones such as: Cook, Teacher, Engineer, McDonalds worker, Taxi Driver and a Computer Programer. But then there have been some real gems. Below are some of the best.

10: DJ / Singer
9: Librarian
8: Security Guard
7: Used Car Salesman
6: Tour Guide
5: Novel Writer
4: TV Reporter / Sports Announcer
3: Olympic Athlete
2: Fashion Model
1: Treasure Hunter

Yep, someone thought I was a Treasure Hunter! I laughed at her. And many of these replies are from multiple people. Who ever said I was a fashion model must have stepped on their glasses the night before. And Security Guard huh? Ha. And who thought I looked like a Used Car Salesman?! Punk. Many people said TV Reporter or Sports Announcer because my accent is really easy for them to understand compaired to other English speakers. My only regret is not asking the kid who guessed I was an Olympic athlete because I was laughing so hard, I never asked him what sport I played. What you have to remember is that I am now in Japan, so those jobs they "thought I HAD in America" are then jobs I left to come to Japan! Why would I quit some of those jobs. So I ask you, which one of those jobs should I apply for after Japan? You never know, maybe these people see something in me that I never knew exhisted!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throw this at them....gigolo.

2:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home