This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Monday, December 04, 2006

Awaji Field


Awaji Field
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
This weekend I went with some friends from work to another island in Japan to play in a soccer tournament. We had never practiced together and played against teams that pratice and have their own uniforms and warm ups! We did great. Out of 15 teams, we ended up ranked 4th after the first day. We played 4 games and won the first 3. After securing a spot in the playoffs the following day, we played a bit lazy and lost the last game.

Then the next day we lost 1-0 in the quarterfinals. It was a tough but fun game. I was honored in the game. I was the only American on the team. The rest were British, Australian and Italians, yet i was elected to captain the team. My hard play the first day payed off and it was nice to see others recognize it. It was a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home