This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Apples


Apples
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Everyone knows Japan is expensive (or you should). Here are some examples. Want an apple? It will cost you 158yen. That's $1.45! For ONE apple. I decided to splurge and treat myself to a $2.10 peach. Ughh. Want a watermelon?...take out a loan. Or do what the yakuza do and cut off yet another finger to get one. (and to think, watermelon is 90% water). Also, five slices of bread is about $1.25.

Out of curiosity, how much does one apple cost where you live?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up with your e-mail and chat account?

11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, help me with my math. If its $0.75 a pound, and there is about 6-8 apples per pound, is that around 9-12 cents per apple?

FYI, those were the cheap ones.

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home