This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Monday, September 12, 2005

Kitakagaya


Kitakagaya
Originally uploaded by mtstaffa.
Sorry for the long delay in the posts. I will post more often now again. I dislocated my finger the other day playing Australian Rules Football (aka Footy). I did however score four goals in the effort. (dont worry Mom, my finger is fine). I set it back into place almost immediately so the recovery has been quite fast. I have almost full range of motion with it again. It is however, still a little "colorful".

So what has happened in the past week or so? Well I moved into the best room of the apartment. My cool Scottish roommate moved out and i got his room. I now have my own private balcony, fridge, lots of closet space and 2 windows. (all of this i lacked in the black-box of yesteryear.

I also went on another date the other day with a Japanese lady, of whom i taught how to play darts. In discussing various topics in choppy english and japanese, we both were shocked by eachother's age. I'm 24 and she is 30. ha. We have another date next week.

Oh, random side note for Rhyno, the picture of the kid sliding down into dog poop....i now know what the dog is saying. I guess dogs speak here and he muttered "Sorry".

Lots more updates to come. Topics coming: Joining a Japanese baseball team, being called David Beckham, the $500 Bali Restaurant Bill, and how the NEW roommate almost killed us all.

Send the postcards!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike: I bet "colorful" is an understatement. It seems like it was like your Mom's injury.

Stop beating yourself up. You're becoming damaged goods.

Dad

1:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, can you throw bigger mattresses off a private balcony? I finally found someplace to buy postcards, any request?

2:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home