This is my blog of my travels in Japan (starting in the spring of 2005)

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Crazy Night (extra)

Pictures will take a few days, they are on a friends camera.

And another story from the night that i forgot to mention. So i am learning japanese....not the intellectual stuff, mainly how to talk to ladies. The problem is that Japanese is a hard language, and when one is drunk, its even harder to speak it....at least correctly that is. Last night i tried to tell a girl she was cute. Here is what i said instead "Your face is scary." That is not a good pick-up line regardless of cultures. She seemed surprised (i would be) but at that time i didnt realize why, so dumbass me repeated it, probably 3 or 4 times. Only then to realize my faux pas.

To justify (if at all) my mistake. The word 'cute' in Japanese sounds like "ka-wi-ee". The word 'scary' sounds like "ka-wii". C'mon, a few beers and they sound the same to me. Needless to say, i didnt get any digits from her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations minnesota freeze! Division 3 champions!

12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time bringing a full squad and making the GF. Having gone through this with Milwuakee, I can say its a fantastic accomplishment. Now, they just need to get out and play some teams so they can jump to Divvie 2.

4:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home